Biography of Assistant Professor Dr. Muhamed Fakhri Omer
- Lecturer at the department of geology, Salahaddin University in Erbil, Iraq since 2004.
- M.Sc. in 2000 and Ph.D. in 2012 from Baghdad University, Iraq.
- He got a Lecturer at Salahaddin University in Nov. 2012.
- In 15h January 2017 promoted to Assistant Professor at the same University.
- Major interests are sedimentology and sedimentary petrology with particular reference on Paleozoic formations exposed in northern Iraq.
- Expert in cathodoluminescence and scanning electron microscopy that was obtained through three months training course at Aarhus University in Denmark in 2011.
- Postdoctoral scholarships for one year at Warsaw University –Poland 2014.
- Participated in many local and international conferences with oral presentations and workshop activities:
- 2nd international conference on GEOShale held in Warsaw (Poland) in September 2014.
-2nd international conference on Geology held in Dubai (UAE) in April 2016.
-4th international conference on Geology and Geoscience and held in Dubai (UAE) in
-International Conference on Geology & Geoscience held in Rome-Italy May 2018.
-3rd International Conference on Geology & Earth Science held in Valencia-Spain April 2019.
- Published many papers in the Journal of African Earth Science in 2014 and 2015 and paper in the Arabian Journal of Geosciences and Turkish journal of Earth Sciences 2016-2018 respectively.
- He has been serving as a reviewer in many international journals.
- Awarded Certificate of Reviewing on August 2016 from Journal of African Earth Sciences (ELSEVIER).
- In January 1st of 2017 became a member of the new project IGCP 635 the Onset of the Great Ordovician Biodiversification.
- Awarded Certificate of Reviewing from the Editor-In -Chief of Iraqi Geological Journal in January & May 2021.