She got her B.Sc. in geology from the Department of Geology, College of Science, Salahaddin University, Iraq. Then she employed at the same department since 2003 as teaching assistant. She got her M.Sc. degree in Geophysics from the same department on 2010 and still working in the same place. She has promoted to the lecturer degree sincs 2018. She taught many courses including environmental geology, crystallography, rock-forming minerals, clay mineralogy, industrial geology, hydrology, electrical resistivity method and geophysics. Her primary interests are in applied geophysics, Electrical resistivity, Electrical Resistivity Tomography (ERT), ERT Data processing, Environmental geophysics and Engineering geophysics.
She is looking forward writing article researches on geophysics as she published many papers in environmental and engineering geophysics.
· Farhad A. Mohammed, Yawooz A. Kettanah and Sirwa Q. Smail, 2013. Environmental Significance of Major and Trace Elements in the Soils of Selected Areas in Erbil City, Kurdistan Region, Northern Iraq. Iraqi National Journal of Ea rth Sciences, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 15 – 32.
· Sirwa Qadir Smail, 2014. 2D Electrical Resistivity Tomography Survey for Shallow Environmental Study at Wastewater Valley of Southwestern Erbil City, Iraqi Kurdistan Region. Maxwell Scientific Organization, Research Journal of Environmental and Earth Sciences Vol. 6, No.5, pp: 266-277.
· Fadhil A. Ghaib and Sirwa Q. Gardi, 2014. Re-interpretation of Geophysical Data for the Archaeological Hill “Malta” at Duhok City – Iraqi Kurdistan Region. Journal of Zankoy Sulaimani- Part A, Vol. 16, No.4, pp: 123-138.
· Sirwa Qader Smail Gardi, Ahmed Jaddoa R. Al-Heety, Rizkr Z. Mawlood, 2015. 2D Electrical Resistivity Tomography for the Investigation of the Subsurface Structures at the Shaqlawa Proposed Dam Site at Erbil Governorate, NE Iraq. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Vol. 4, No.5, pp: 607-614.
· Fadhil A. Ghaib, Abdulwahab M. Noshad and Sirwa Qader S. Gardi, 2016. Resistivity and Gravity Data Interpretation in the Harir Plain North East of Erbi City- Iraqi Kurdistan Region. Journal of University of Duhok, Pure and Eng. Sciences, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 309-323.
· Sirwa Qader Smail Gardi, 2017. Integrated Use of Geoelectrical Resistivity and Geochemical Analysis to Assess the Environmental Impact on Soil and Groundwater at Erbil Dumpsite, West of Erbil City - Iraqi Kurdistan Region. The Scientific Journal of Koya University, No. 2, pp. 19-31.
· Sirwa Qader Smail Gardi, 2018. Environmental Impact Assessment of a Ebil Dumpsite area - West of Erbil City-Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Journal of Zankoy Sulaimani, Vol.5, No.3, 194–217pp.
· Sirwa Qader Smail Gardi, 2017. Ahmed Jaddoa R. Al-Heety, Rizkr Z. Mawlood,. Engineering Site investigation using 2D elelctrical Resistivity Tomography at the Siktan Proposed Dam Site at Erbil Governorate, NE Iraq. Journal of University of Duhok, Vol. 20. No. 1.
· Sirwa Qader Smail GARDI, Jamal ASFAHANI, (2019). Subsurface tectonic characterizations by the use of geo-electrical resistivity technique and their implications on environmental soil and groundwater at Erbil dumpsite, west of Erbil city – Iraqi Kurdistan region. Contributions to Geophysics and Geodesy, Vol. 49, Issue No. 3, Pp: 325–354.
· Hazhir Karimi; Bengin M A Herki; Sirwa Gardi; Saman Gallali; Hooshyar Hosseini; Karamreza Mirzaei and Meghdad Pirsaheb, 2020. Landfill site selection and environmental risk assessment of hospital solid wastes; Kermanshah City, Iran. International Journal Of Environmental Health Research, Vol. 30, Issue 1, p13.