I have BSc in Biology, Salahaddin University-Erbil, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq, 1996-2000 (Good-73.28), MSc in Animal Physiology, Salahaddin University-Erbil, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq, 2003-2005 (V.Good- 89.04) and PhD in Molecular Physiology, Zakho University, Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq in collaboration with Institute of Biophysics, CNR, Genoa, Italy, 2008-2012 (Excellent- 92.3).
European Association for Cancer Research (Membership Number: EACR28181)
I am interesting in performing studies related to ion channels function; and the role of nanoparticles and gasotransmitters in the modulation of angiogenesis in colorectal cancer.
I have the following skills; data analysis: SPSS, GraphPad, Ana program, electrophysiological programs: Labchart, LabTutor, Igor, GePulse software and article writing programs: Endnote, Scrivener.
I have 15 years’ experiences in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, including physiology, Biostatistics and Experimental design, Physiological Laboratory Techniques, Research Methods and Thesis Writing and Molecular Physiology.
I have 33 national and international publications in prestigious journals; such as: Nature- Scientific Reports, Journal of cancer policy, International Journal of Pharmaceutics…etc.
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND COURSES
I am trainer of writing international research papers, data analysis and reference management system and I attended more than 10 conferences. Moreover, I had participated in the following courses:
1. Online Databases and their role in advancing scientific research in higher education by Elsevier. March 18-19, 2017. College of Science, Salahaddin University.
2. IBRO Course in Neuroscience. March 11-19, 2014. College of Science, Salahaddin University.
3. Nano-Porous Silicon Based Metal Semiconductor Metal Photo Detector (MSM-PD) device. March 3rd–7th, 2013. University of Zakho in collaboration with University Sains Malaysia.
4. Training course: Voltage Clamp Technique, Patch Clamp Technique and Cell Culture Technique. April, 30th-September 30, 2011. Institute of Biophysics, CNR, Genoa, Italy.
5. 5th annual distributor workshop. June 13–14, 2013. AD instruments center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
6. Training course: Professional development for teachers in Kurdistan region of Iraq: Pedagogical training. November, 1 to December 15, 2018. HAMK University, Finland.
After I completed my PhD in 2012, I had supervised two MSc and two PhD students, their projects were focused on molecular detection and the treatment of cancer in Kurdistan. In the next step, I had established Kurdocan which is the first cancer research group in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) with a group of researchers from different institutes, universities and hospitals in KRI. KurdoCan aims to conduct research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer in general. Research activities will be carried out in institutes, universities and hospitals across the KRI, by its researchers. The research we are conducting will be published in high quality national and international journals.