IDREES SULAIMAN ABDULLAH
University:- University of Salahaddin , Kirkuk Road,Erbil
Address: KURDISTAN REGION IRAQ ERBIL\Q.Kwestan12134
Mobile: 009647504714400 Tel: +964 66 2511125
Skype :- email@example.com
I have a strong interest in all aspects of Economics. Most of my expertises are in FDI, Tourism economic, Econometrics, Macroeconomics Finance,Oil economics , Academic debate and critical thinking. Currently, I am looking for a Ph.D. research offer on my major in order to improve my experience and skills within my academic area.
1- Name of Institution: Salahddin University / College of Administration and Economic
Name of Qualification: Master Degree (M.Sc. degree) in Economics
Date/Duration: 2003 -2006
Degree Classification: 80.44%
2. Name of Institution: Salahaddin University / College of Administration and Economic
Name of Qualification: Bachelor Degree (B.Sc. degree) in Economics
Date/Duration: From 1997-1998 to 2000-2001
GPA/Degree Classification: 88.084% Rank (1) in a class of (16)
1. Name of Organisation: Salahaddin University/ College of Administration and Economic
Date/Duration: 2011 till present
- Teaching undergraduate student ( Three and four grades ) in banking and tourism department.
- Each year I have been supervising 4-5 undergraduates on their research graduations and annual projects.
2- Name of Organisation: Institute of Management and Tourism
Position/Designation/Post: Assistant Lecture
Date/Duration: 2008 -2010
Key Responsibilities: Managing scientific affairs at the Institute of Management and Tourism. Additionally, teaching undergraduates.
1.Topic of Workshop: Academic debate and critical thinking
Date/Duration: 20-21 /12/2015 ( 2 days)
Place: Salahaddin University ( Conference Hall)
Name of Organisation arranged the Workshop: Salahaddin University /Directorate of Curriculum Development
2-Topic of Training: Administration of travel agencies in the Kurdistan\ Iraq
Date/Duration: 15-16\07 2009 ( 2 days)
Place: The Ministry of Tourism and Archaeology in the region of Kurdistan
Name of Organisation arranged the Training: The Ministry of Higher Education and Tourism.
3- Topic of Training and Workshop: Teaching methods course
Date/Duration: 06/09/2008 to 17/03/2009 ( 6 months )
Place: Salahaddin University ( Conference Hall)
Name of Organisation arranged the Training and Workshop: Salahaddin University, vice president office for scientific affairs.
Degree Classification: Very good. Rank (4) in a course of ( 163)
4-Topic of Training : Feasibility Study of Investment In New Project.
Date/Duration: 13-15 \02 \2008 ( 3 days)
Place: Kurdistan Board of Investment.
Name of Organisation arranged the Training: Kurdistan Board of Investment.
1. International Tourism Conference in Erbil. 19 \ 03 \ 2016 under the title (Tourism companies associated with investment companies).
2-International Investment Conference in Arbil, 09 \ 03 \ 2015 under the title (Construct Iraq with each other).
3. The first conference of "The importance of small business in the access of the national labor policy" in Erbil 0.13 \ December \ 2012, with Participation of UNIDO, UNDA, the International Organization for Migration.
4. An international conference to promote US investment in Iraq 20 \ 02 \ 2007 in Erbil.
- An economical syndicate of the Kurdistan region.
- Accounting syndicate of the Kurdistan region.
- Member of economic development of the Kurdistan region.
• Kurdish Native language.
• Arabic:- speaking, reading and writing Excellent.
• English :-speaking, reading and writing very good.
IT: Word Processing MS Word Excellent, Spreadsheet MS Excel Excellent, Powerpoint MS Excellent, and the Internet All Applications Excellent.
Programming :- SPSS, E-views 8
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Leadership skills and ability to work with a creative teamwork.
• Excellent learning capability and breadth of intellect to relate and understand the diverse area of the group.
Health: Excellent: non-smoker, non-disabled
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Include football, Keeping Fit, Tourism and visiting places , Music, and reading.
Philosophy of teaching in my academic life
I see teaching as involving a reciprocal relationship between teachers and students-I believe that teachers have duties to their students and that students have duties to their teachers.
I believe that it is my responsibility as a teacher to provide students with the following:
• an environment conducive to learning,
• the knowledge that will help them be successful in achieving their lives' goals,
• materials, opportunities, and feedback that will help them learn, and
• help in becoming and remaining motivated to be successful both in their studies and in applying their knowledge to solve problems in their lives.
I also believe that my students have duties to me, to their fellow students, and to themselves. I believe that these duties support me in fulfilling my duties to students. Thus, I believe that it is the students' responsibility to be supportive of the teacher and fellow students by being:
• Tolerant of different points of view,
• Prepared for class,
• Willing to work hard to complete course activities,
• Willing to bring their life experiences into the class to enrich discussions,
• Willing to try to apply what they learn in class to solve the problems they face in their jobs and in their lives.
Therefore, because of the reciprocal nature of the duties between teachers and students, I believe that it is a fundamental mistake to see students as customers or as clients because such a view incorrectly implies that the primary duties in the relationship are the teachers' duties to the students and virtually ignores the duties of students to their teachers, fellow students, and themselves.
Since I teach three different courses that span three different areas of Economic and tourism management, I provide a more detailed discussion of how my teaching philosophy relates to what and how I do things in each individual course.
In fact, the good teacher must know her subjects and how to help students learn those subjects. I know the good teacher must have a deep appreciation of how knowledge is created in the discipline, how it is organized and how it is linked to other disciplines. I use my knowledge of the discipline to expose my students to modes of critical thinking, encouraging them to analyze, apply, synthesize, and evaluate all they read and hear. I love the subjects I teach, and I know how to make them come alive for my students.
Finally, I believe a teacher lives to serve. A teacher is dedicated to learning, to his or her discipline, to his or her students, and to making the future the best possible place for all of us to live. These are the challenges I accepted when I chose to be a teacher. I remain committed to them.