Full Name: Izaddin Abdul Samad Rasool
Academic Title: Assistant Professor
2009-2013: Ph.D. of Sociology. Bangor University, Wales/ UK.
2006: Certificate of Social Work practice. Canterbury Christ Church University, United Kingdom
2002 – 2004: Master of Sociology/Social problems. Salahaddin University-Erbil/ Kurdistan
1994 – 1998: Bachelor of Arts, Sociology. University of Salahaddin, Erbil/Kurdistan
- 2004- Until now Faculty Member and Lecturer, the Salahaddin Universty, College of Arts, Dep. Of Sociology. Erbil, Kurdistan/ Iraq.
- 2017-Until now Teaching and supervising master and PhD students at Salahaddin Univeristy/ Erbil and Sulaimani University- Kurdistan Region/ Iraq.
- 9-16/8/2015 Working for British Broadcasting Corporation BBC.
- 2001-2002: Kurdistan Organization for Mine Awareness. Member of Mine Awareness for
- public people.
- 1999-2001: University of Salahaddin, Erbil, Iraq, Demonstrator.
- 2001: Kurdistan Organization for Mine Awareness (KOMA)
- Database Management, Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS).
- Teaching social problems for undergraduate students. Also, social security for postgraduate students.
- In addition, supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Research and publications
- Izaddin A, Rasool (2016) Female suicide and attempted suicide in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. Germany: Lambert Academic Publisher.
- Izaddin Abdulsamad Rasool (2018) Bibliography of Sociological studies- Master and PhD thesis. Kurdistan Sociological and Psychological Association.
- 2012: Izaddin Rasool. Factors in domestic violence and attempted female suicide in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. Journal of Duhok University, Kurdistan, Iraq, Vo. 15(2).
- 2014: Izaddin A. Rasool & Joanne L. Payton, Tongues of fire: women’s suicide and self-injury by burns in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. The sociological review, UK.
- 2017: Izaddin A. Rasool. Social factors for using nicknames on Facebook account: An online study in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. Zakho Academic Journal. Zakho University Journal. No 4 (5): 909-926
- 2017: Izaddin A. Rasool and Tavga F. Muhamad. The Sociodemographic characteristics of women in Hawler Shelter:A field study in Hawler Shelter. Salahaddin University Journal. No.6 (21): 426-449
- 2019: Izaddin A.Rasool and Shelan A. Ali. Characteristics of Threatened Women in Sulaimani Shelter: A Field Study. Twezhar Journal- Soran University. Twezhar Journal, Soran University, No.2(2): 109-154.
- 2020: Akram A.Abdullah and Izaddin A.Rasool.Twelfth Grade Students' psychological problem: A Field Study in Erbil city. Zanko Journal-Salahaddin University/ Erbil, Vol. 24 (6): 190-206.
- 2020: Dr Izaddin Abdulsamad Rasool and Jehan Abas Muhammad. The Women’s Situation in Nawa Center: A Field Study in Dohuk City and Jehan Abas Muhamad: The Women’s Situation in Nawa Center: A Field Study in Dohuk City. Journal of University of Dohuk، Human sciences and sociology, Vol.2(23):292-325.
- 2021: SAEED M AMEEN SAEED, Izaddin Abdulsamad Rasool and Zana Ahmad Perdawd. The Factors of School Dropout in a Relationship with Gender: Descriptive analytical research. Qalaai Zanist Journal, Lebanese French University/ Erbil,Vol. 6 (2): 72-108.
- 2022: Izaddin Abdulsamad Rasool and Khdir Rasul Ababakr. War, Immigration, Oral Collision, and the Transmission of Values (Studying the content analysis of two novels “The Fall of the Heavens and the Period of Belkis Crying”) in the light of George Lukacs’ theory, Qalaai Zanist Journal, Lebanese French University/ Erbil, Vo. 2(7): 362- 398
- 2022: Rezhaw Nihad Abdulla and Izaddin Abdulsamad Rasool, Factors of Verbal Violence Towards Students: Field Study in Public Basic Schools in Erbil City, Journal of University of Raparin. Unpublished.
- Kamaran Abdullah Mustafa and Izaddin Abdulsamad Rasool (2022) The conditions of the Foreign Workers' Living: A Field Study in Hawler City. Journal of University of Raparin. Unpublished.
Conferences and courses
2011 Domestic violence against women, Dohuk, Kurdistan region/ Iraq.
2011 2nd Global Conference on Making Sense of Suicide, Prague, Czech Republic.
2012 Second International conference on Kurdish studies, Exeter/ UK.
2017 Second International Scientific Conference ‘Life, Civilization and Culture’, Zakho University, Kurdistan/ Iraq.
· ‘Teaching Methods’ course, University of Salahaddin, Erbil, Kurdistan (2014)
· Bangor GRAD School, Bangor University, Wales/ United Kingdom (2010)
· Coaching and Mentoring Workshop for Social Work Educators in November 2022.
2011 British Sociological Association.
2004 - Present Kurdistan Sociological Association.
Professional Social Network Accounts: