Biography of Assistant Professor Dr. Farhad Ahmed Mohammed
Date of birth: 1-7-1963/ Iraq- Kirkuk
- Head of Geology Department
- Lecturer at the department of geology, Salahaddin University in Erbil, Iraq since 2002.
- B.Sc in geology-University of Salahaddin -1987-Kurdistan Region- Iraq.
- M.Sc. in Medical Geology from Baghdad University- 2000- Iraq.
· Ph.D in Geochemistry - Mosul university-2005- Iraq.
- He got a Lecturer at Salahaddin University in 24-3-2008.
- In 5th December 2013 promoted to Assistant Professor at the same University.
- Major interests are Geochemistry of sedimentary Rocks and environment Geochemistry.
- Participated in many local and international conferences with oral presentations and workshop activities.
· Number supervise graduate students: (1)
· The number of committees discussing graduate students: (4)
· Subjects under teaching ( B.Sc,): Physical and Historical Geology ,Geochemistry, Environmental Geochemistry and (M.Sc,) Advance Geochemistry, Geochemistry of Sedimentary Rocks.
· Number of researches :( 5)
· Pollution caused by Vehicle Exhausts and oil trash Burning in kirkuk city, Iraqi Journal of Earth Sciences, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp.
· Petrography, heavy mineral study and tectonic setting of Walash Naopurdan Series Sandstones, Qalander area, Northeastern Iraq, Journal of Kirkuk University Scientific studies.
· Environmental Significance of Major and Trace elements in the soils of selected areas in Erbil City, Kurdistan Region, Northern Iraq. Iraqi National Journal of Earth Sciences, 87 in 10/4/2013, University of Mosul, College of Sciences.
· Major trace &rare earth element geochemistry & provenounce of the red bed of Gercus basalt formation,Bekhair anticline,Northern Iraq.
· Geochemical comparison between the carbonates of pila Spi Formation and those of conglomerate unite separating it from Gercus Formation . Northeastern Iraaq.