Based on my long experience around 25 years in teaching and around 5 years working as site engineer. I BELIEVE that Teaching, research, and public service are the main missions of university faculty. Successful teaching cannot be reduced to a set of general rules, or a prescribed pattern of behavior. Some students can and will learn in spite of bad teaching some students will not learn even with the best teaching
· The instructor ability to teach should be judged on the basis of student learning.
- Creating or selecting teaching methods & evaluation strategies
- Strategies to encourage desirable & discourage undesirable student behavior
- Making learning goals clear to students
- Encouraging students to extend their thinking, and think about their own values and future plans.”
- Good learning, like good work, is collaborative and social, not competitive and isolated.
- Using instructional time wisely
- Creating classroom environments that promote fairness
- A healthy relationship between the teacher and students is essential to successful teaching.”
- Remember that students can teach you